What is it that Dudo has done?
My name is Brett Dudo. I am a Creative. I started my career in Civil Engineering, but always had a foundation in technology. I decided that designing the structural components of commercial buildings was entirely too serious, so chose to focus on computers. I've worked on thousands of these computers since, literally, while working various tech support roles and freelancing everywhere in between. I found myself writing software in order to bring my own ideas to life. I continue working with software to make other's dreams a reality. I currently work in the Financial sector of the Technology Industry.
You can find me all over the internet : GitHub (dudo), StackOverflow (Dudo), LinkedIn
If you'd like to reach me directly : email@example.com, (619) 302-2461
Fundamentally... web development is just HTML. Never forget that, because a lot of people do. If you have a good idea, or a story to tell, you can wrap the title in an
<h1> tag and the content in a
<p> and throw it up on the internet.
SmartBiz @ BetterFinance February 2015 - Present ↗
- Technologies used: Ruby, Rails, GraphQL, Relay, ES6+, React, AWS, Docker, Machine Learning
- Director of Engineering : Work directly with the C level team to implement the business' OGSM (Objectives, Goals, Strategies, and Measures). Push the development team to create extensible and sustainable software. Built the team from 2 (including myself) to about 20 Product and Engineering Folks.
- Lead Developer : Ensure that the Product Managers vision is met. Implement new feature requests from the Sales Team. Enable my peers and subordinates to carry out their duties to the best of their ability. Lead the successful migration from Switch Colocation to AWS. Broke up a monolith Rails App into smaller services (ask me about this!).
SmartPay @ BetterFinance August 2014 - February 2015 ↗
- Technologies used: Ruby, Rails
- Production Support : Work directly with Customer Support and the Field Sales Managers of SmartPay to identify software issues and maintain data integrity on our production servers. Pair with the appropriate feature teams to address bugs and implement hotfixes accordingly.
- Sustainability : Upgrade older versions of our software to more supported versions. Refactor code to be more extensible, and more easily manageable in the future.
- Mobile Development : Support the native app developers with proper API responses via RESTful routes, and create the appropriate behavior for applicable models.
FanMouth January 2014 - July 2014
- Technologies used: Ruby, Grape, Marionette, Backbone, Swagger, STATS
- API Engineer : Built systems to collect data for live sports. Worked with the Front End Folks to ensure they're receiving what they expect. Documented the API. Loathed Backbone...
- Technologies used: React, Ruby, Elixir, Rust, MongoDB, DynamoDB, postgreSQL
- Magic: The Gathering site to browse cards, and save your collection. Inspired by a friend having $10,000 worth of cards stolen while at a tournament. The idea was to be able to collect cards, and showcase them from this app, instead of carrying a bag around. I found that it's just a nice way to browse the cards... I've rebuilt this site with various tooling over the years, to test new technologies. It's a nice, consistent data set.
Just Cards... ↗
- Technologies used: ES6+, React, GreenSock, Ruby, Elixir
- I designed the cards you see on this site, and wanted a place to play around with them. The project was actually funded on kickstarter. They're available for sale, if interested. This site doesn't actually let you play with anyone, but I did go down a fun rabbit hole with WebRTC. It inspired another app that generalizes table top games that I modeled with Elixir.